Found in DC

Last week on the job, and am so ready to move up & out. DC is a great city that I have definitely enjoyed getting to know, but now that everyone else's summers are ending, I am ready for something new. It's so crazy that my classes don't even start until September 22nd.

Since most of the people I know in DC area have vacated, I've had a lot more time to myself for the past few weeks & as such have been able to get to some exciting things. I've seen a play and a musical. I've been to a bunch of Smithsonians & the Holocaust Memorial Museum. I've biked in the Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast quadrants and gotten a pretty good sense of the layout of things. I love biking past the White House and seeing tourists and protestors, but am shocked every time that only 3 blocks later is Franklin Square, a block-sized park filled with homeless people. I love biking down Wisconsin, and hate biking up Massachusetts. It's fun to look at all the license plates of cars parked along the National Mall and see such a variety of states represented. It's fun to sit in Dupont, sipping on some iced tea, and just enjoying looking around. Rock Creek Park has amazing trails that, unfortunately, I didn't get to explore enough of. Sometimes it's fun to accidentally find myself in Virginia or Maryland. I feel like I've done so much & there's still a lot more to do, but I'm ready for a new venue.

Edinburgh it is. I leave two weeks from tomorrow, but would rather it be tomorrow...

1 comments:

  1. Abraham said...

    i really enjoyed reading that. i hear your voice when you write :)


Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2008 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger by Blogcrowds.

Distributed by Blogger Templates